Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lab #14- "Wait, what is your assignment? Interview somebody different than you? Well that's good, 'cause nobody is more different than me."

Interviewer: Kim
Interviewed: Austin (Kim's older brother)

How old are you?
19

What are you most interested in?
possibly music.

Where do you go to school?/What is your major?
UNCG/Double majoring in philosophy and english.

What do you want to be for Halloween this year?
I want to dress up like an Amish person.

...why?
because I have the beard for it.

What do you do when you're bored?
discover music that I have not listen to before via the internet.

How did you do in high school?
Even though I didn't really learn that much, I performed well. By I didn't learn much, I mean you already know all you need to know. Drop out of school. (gigglegiggle)

Why are you majoring in philosophy/english?
I am majoring in philosophy because it interests me.
I am majoring in english because I would very much like to teach english in Japan.

What do you do in a typically busy day?
I spend my time attending lecture and actively participating. Writing papers also consumes much of my time. I often listen to music inbetween.

...that's busy?
Not particularly. But I haven't had a busy day in a very long while. So I had to answer as best as I could.

What's your favorite food?
Chu's Express. (Chinese food)

Color?
Right now it's blue. But it's been green for a very long time.

Way to spend a day?
CATCHING WHATEVER LIFE THROWS AT ME. (hahehahahahehehehahehehe)

TV show?
Either Good Eats or FLCL

If you could be any other animal/person/object for a day, what would you be?
I think it would be pretty fun to be a bear.

Why?
Because you can just lay around, go ROAR!, and eat. Oh and I wouldn't get cold either. That's important.

What is your dream job?
That's a very difficult question. But I think it would have to be a toss-up between musician and english teach in Japan.

What political party do you consider yourself a part of?
I would say anarchist, but that's not pratical. And neither is communism. So I'm left as a liberal.

Explain.
Because of human nature, anarchy is an impractical social model. Human nature is also what keeps communism ineffective. I believe that being politically liberal is a means by which the more humanitarian goals of those belief structures may be acheived.

If you were Barack Obama, what would you do to reform America's healthcare system?
I would probably base any changes I made off of the healthcare system in Denmark. Or Sweden. Some scandinavian country.

because?
They are both cost-effective and generally well liked by the people.

K: Why won't you shave your beard?
A: Why should I?
K: Because me and mom don't like it.
A: Well that's why you two don't have beards on your faces! Leave my face to me.
K: Why so fiesty?



1 comment:

  1. I liked your interview and it was great to meet your brother, but when I asked you to interview someone different from you I intended for it to be someone outside of your family. I intended for it to be someone different from you in some of the following ways: race, economics, background, religion, ethnicity. You didn't really interview someone of a different background from yourself, so despite the fact that it was a good interview it wasn't really what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete